Monday, November 17, 2008

Civic election vote ratio


This map was really fun to make. It shows the ratio of votes for Gregor to votes for Peter. It's basically a percentage of popular vote, but some of the percentages were so high I thought it would make more sense to present it as a ratio.

I think this map shows why Gregor and Vision won. Peter Ladner dominated a few polls, but even in the strongest NPA areas the ratio was only about 3.5 : 1. Contrast that with some polls in East Van where the ratio of Gregor votes to Peter votes was approaching 7 : 1.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good point you make re: ratio of votes. nicely done.
-Summer

stephen elliott-buckley said...

fantastic map!

in my mind, i can develop these too. glad to see someone can convert that to reality.

Brenton said...

Thanks. They're actually quite fun to make, and far more illustrative than any line or bar chart. Now if I could only get someone to pay me to make them...